January 21st, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Sat, 04:09: I'm tired of being on hold with tech support. Sigh. Moving everything to new hosts and updating all my accounts is a real pain.
January 20th, 2017 (12:00 pm)
- Thu, 18:07: Been too busy messing with webhosts and e-mail providers to do any writing yesterday or today. Dammit.
- Fri, 04:40: How'd it get so late? All I've been doing is updating software... Oh.
January 19th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Wed, 15:16: SFF Net is shutting down. I'll need to move all my websites and my e-mail service, which have been there since 1994. Drat.
January 18th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Tue, 15:55: The short story is being uncooperative again, so I'm working on the second draft of Stone Unturned. It's going fairly well.
- Wed, 04:17: I think I need to split Chapter Seven of Stone Unturned into two chapters. How inconvenient.
January 16th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Sun, 12:42: We've needed to sweep the kitchen floor more often since the cat died. Apparently she ate a lot more crumbs and crap than we realized.
- Mon, 04:33: Out visiting friends all evening. Wrote up some stuff for my Patreon. No progress on any fiction, darn it.
January 15th, 2017 (12:00 pm)
January 14th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Fri, 15:30: The short story I'm writing seems determined to go in directions that aren't what I planned & don't fit the anthology I'm writing it for.
- Sat, 04:17: Okay, I think "The Dancing Teacher" is back on track. We'll see how it goes from here.
January 13th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Thu, 16:23: Okay, combined wisdom of social media: Which is Lana del Rey's best album? Trying to decide which to buy next.
January 12th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Wed, 13:00: RT @ParkerMolloy: "Only ones who care about my tax returns are the reporters." Retweet this if you're not a reporter, but you care about T…
- Wed, 13:06: The tree service said they'd be here Wednesday afternoon. I don't quite grasp how 9:00 a.m. constitutes "afternoon," but okay.
- Wed, 14:23: At lunch I was unable to remember the name of Peter Lorre's character in "The Maltese Falcon" (Joel Cairo), and it was driving me nuts. 1/2
- Thu, 02:56: So why am I sitting here watching Postmodern Jukebox instead of working? https://t.co/XgDFzhiUqu
January 11th, 2017 (12:01 pm)
- Tue, 13:18: I've spent the last couple of days doing household business instead of writing. Not done yet, either. Today I get the car inspected.
- Tue, 16:06: Got spam today from someone claiming to be George Brown, from Togo. The spam was entirely in Russian, so I couldn't most of read the rest.
- Wed, 03:42: The powder room looks strangely spacious with the litter box gone. Will take some getting used to.