December 6th, 2016 (03:07 pm)
- Mon, 17:29: I'm listening to Maria Muldaur. Good way to brighten the afternoon.
- Mon, 17:34: Got the credit card statement. Spent $700 on the car, and $700 on the cat. Both are fine now, but the car could still use new tires.
- Tue, 04:14: I've just answered two letters that have been sitting on my desk since at least April. Oops. One more person to go, but he wrote four times.
- Tue, 13:45: I thought this was pretty cool... https://t.co/rAZj8WybVd
December 5th, 2016 (03:03 pm)
- Sun, 16:51: Black Santa? So? We all know Santa's a shapeshifter, or he wouldn't fit down those chimneys, so why is it a surprise he can change color?
- Mon, 04:15: Wrote five pages of Eleven Blades. By the end of the first chapter the reader will have a full explanation of the title.
December 4th, 2016 (12:02 pm)
- Sat, 12:37: If I ever finish a story (or series) called Eleven Blades, it came from an idea I had late last night. Don't know whether I'll write it.
- Sat, 14:45: First batch of holiday cards is ready to mail -- about 20% of the total.
- Sun, 02:20: Wrapped some presents, signed and addressed cards -- guess I should get the Christmas lights out of the back of the closet.
- Sun, 04:12: Wrote the first two pages of Eleven Blades, which I really shouldn't have. Other things should take precedence -- but it was fun.
- Sun, 11:38: Sometimes when I sleep, I dream cool story ideas. Sometimes I just come up with stupid titles like "Chowhounds of Atlantis."
December 3rd, 2016 (12:02 pm)
- Fri, 12:50: Happy to be the 41st backer on @BackerKit for Rare German Art Deco Poster M... | Thx @centuryguild! https://t.co/nfvcww1vUa
- Fri, 14:20: Got out our gift-wrapping supplies today. It's that time of year.
- Fri, 16:48: Talked to the power co. Low bills not a mistake; we really ran the house entirely off our solar panels. Dry summer was good for something!
- Sat, 01:46: Tried to balance the checkbook. It came out two cents off. Screw it -- that's close enough, right?
December 2nd, 2016 (12:02 pm)
- Thu, 13:02: So in Ethshar you have wizardry, sorcery, witchcraft, warlocky, demonology, theurgy, ritual dance, etc. How come I never used thaumaturgy?
- Thu, 15:32: Our electric meter is apparently malfunctioning; we haven't been charged for electric usage since March. Tried to tell them, got cut off.
- Thu, 23:39: Finished reading Chelsea Cain's Heartsick. That is one dark, dark novel.
- Fri, 04:15: Three or four pages of Bravo Foxtrot today -- best I've done since before Thanksgiving.
December 1st, 2016 (12:02 pm)
- Wed, 14:05: Argh. One of my computers is having Major Stupid.
- Wed, 15:43: I hate it when I drive across town for a specific item and the store that always used to have it doesn't anymore.
- Wed, 17:23: I can't be sure, but I think the cat's issues last week (she's fine now) came from a bad batch of 'shine. She needs a better bootlegger.
- Thu, 04:08: Been writing our annual family newsletter instead of anything I might get paid for. I think it's done, though.
November 29th, 2016 (08:51 pm)
- Mon, 20:59: My wife is on a gluten-free diet, so I get ALL the leftover stuffing! Mwah ha ha!
- Tue, 01:46: We're trying to figure out where to put the Christmas tree now that the cat's gone blind. Not something we'd considered before.
- Tue, 15:21: Life is being excessively complicated of late.
- Tue, 17:54: Sometimes my color laser printer is really astonishingly slow, but the results sure are pretty.
November 28th, 2016 (12:02 pm)
- Sun, 16:57: Looks like the audiobook of Dragon Weather is delayed. Don't know yet how much.
November 27th, 2016 (03:10 pm)
- Sun, 02:52: There is clearly more wrong with our cat than just blindness. Stroke, maybe? Brain tumor? The vet will be back Monday.
- Sun, 14:47: RT @MarkSlagle: To kill Castro, the CIA finally turned to the world's most relentless killer: 2016.
November 26th, 2016 (03:09 am)
- Sat, 02:50: Black Friday is over, right? So I can buy something without compromising my personal ethics?