April 30th, 2016 (12:04 pm)
- Sat, 01:19: Gaining ground on the backlog. E-mail and streetmail are dealt with. Still more stuff to go, though.
April 28th, 2016 (08:55 pm)
- Thu, 14:34: So we took 622 pictures in China, not counting a few I tweeted directly or the "bursts" I accidentally took a few times.
April 26th, 2016 (12:04 pm)
- Mon, 18:40: Hotel room view by daylight. https://t.co/DSUma0dGIl
- Tue, 02:06: Three (yes, three) accidents on the Beijing airport expressway did not facilitate our departure from China, but we'll make our flight.
- Tue, 02:44: We have officially designated Beijing Capital Airport as "seriously annoying."
April 25th, 2016 (06:24 pm)
- Sun, 20:39: If you thought this place was CGI in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," you were wrong. It's real. https://t.co/WDvIrY43Rd
- Mon, 04:53: Our hotel is 200 meters east from South Square, Beijing West train station. Beijing means "North capital." We got all 4 directions!
- Mon, 08:21: I've posted some beautiful scenes from China, but most of it isn't like that. This row of shops is more typical. https://t.co/BZQXBL0Re7
- Mon, 09:07: Another ordinary Chinese scene in Shijiazhuang. https://t.co/dO7fLJDksX
- Mon, 09:13: Finished reading The Shepherd's Crown, by Terry Pratchett. Excellent novel. If he had to go, glad Pterry could go out on such a high note.
- Mon, 10:12: View from our hotel room in Beijing. (We were in a different hotel last week. That one had no view.) https://t.co/PDt2hCoqY1
- Mon, 17:59: A Chinese military team of some sort is drilling outside our hotel window, shouting in unison. It's not quite 6:00 a.m.
April 24th, 2016 (01:56 pm)
- Sun, 05:27: Things that, until we visited China, I never thought I'd say: "What, jellyfish AGAIN?"
April 22nd, 2016 (10:56 pm)
April 21st, 2016 (12:08 pm)
April 20th, 2016 (11:42 pm)